I was supposed to write this on my birthday but work and travel got in the way. Initially, I wanted to do a life lessons list but I changed my mind because, at 36, I neither have rich life lessons to share nor wisdom to give advice. An advice that work for me may not work for another person. These are just thoughts in my head and you may agree or disagree with me.
1. Being alone and being lonely are two different things.
2. You hold power over your own happiness.
3. When you know yourself well, opinions of others do not matter.
4. Life is short. Forgive more. Love more. Smile more.
5. Being an introvert is underrated. I watched a TED talk by Susan Cain. Being an introvert, I can totally relate.
6. Work hard. There is value in labor. However, it is also efficient to work smart. Learn how to remove unnecessary tasks that can only cause stress.
7. What a person shares in social media is only a fraction of what a person is all about.
8. Love is not something that comes with a deadline. The ticking biological clock does not mean I should lower my standards. I still believe in true love. If I can’t find one, I won’t settle with just anyone.
9. While we often associate love with the heart, it is okay to use your brain. In a recent discussion with a cousin, he believes that love is not something to be felt and but something to be understood. This may be something he realized from his relationships.
10. Laughter may not be the best medicine but it makes me really feel better.
11. I do not envy wealth. (Well, sometimes. I am only human) Most of the time, I envy other people’s talents. I try to emulate them and develop my own style. (Singing is something I can do well alone without an audience. Promise. HA!)
12. When I like something, I do not hide it. I click that like button on Facebook. HA!
13. You do not have to win all the time. Life is short but it is not a race. Take a breath and try to take it all in and appreciate the world around.
14. Travel enriches the soul. I love the feeling of stepping in a new place for the first time and that feeling of reconnecting to a familiar place.
15. Simple things also bring great joy- a cup of coffee, a warm hug and a beautiful sunrise.
16. I am not really deeply religious but I believe there is a higher being looking after all of us. I love my Catholic faith but I respect other people’s beliefs, too. Instead of dwelling on our differences, why not celebrate what we have in common?
17. Never underestimate the power of prayer.
18. Nobody’s perfect. It is okay make mistakes. Make sure you learn from them.
19. Make time for family and friends.
20. Be thankful. You may not realize how blessed you are.
21. I need to look after my health. I am now at my heaviest weight.
22. I live within in my means. I do not need to pretend I am someone else.
23. I love compliments but I try not let it get in my head. I thank the person complimenting and move on to doing positive things.
24. One of the books that had an impact on me is ‘To Kill a Mockingbird”. I love this line from the book: “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view… Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.”
25. It is never too late to have new dreams. It is never too late to learn new things.
26. It is not how much you earn. It is how much you saved. It is not how much you have but how much of what you have you worked hard for.
27. Words hurt but you can train yourself not to let those words hover your head.
28. Be open to meet new friends but try to be your own best friend. You have to like who you are but not too much that you become narcissistic.
29. Be kind. They say that happy people are those who find joy in helping others.
30. Be responsible for your actions.
31. While planning for the future, do not forget to appreciate the moment now.
32. Indulge in quiet moments. Silence allows you to listen to your heart.
33. Don’t take yourself seriously.
34. Life is not fair but that is not a reason to give up.
35. The best is yet to come. Every day is an opportunity to live the best day of your life.
36. I love dogs. Aren’t we cute? I seldom post photos with my face on it but I can not resist. I hope I made you smile.
Care to share some life thoughts you had recently?
Wonderful post Miss Kat. it okay if I’ll share this?
Thanks, Tet. You may share it. Btw, call me Kat.
Love all these random quotes. I repinned one and will share one over my blog soon.
Awwww your photos with your dog is awesome sis.
Thanks. I was hoping the cuteness of our dog rubs on me.
[…] from Kat here. Thought to post this here as well for everyone to know that it’s never too late to dream. Keep […]
Great thoughts, Kat! This is an inspirational post! It’s indeed true that ‘sometimes, the best things in life take a while’. God bless you more and continue to inspire people!
Belated Happy Birthday Kat! I love your post, cguro I’ll make the same next year when I turn 36 too.. hehehe
Thanks! Uy, you can write yours even if it is not your birthday. I’d love to read your list.
“Pray more worry less…” I love this too though I try hard not to worry.
I hope you enjoyed your day and have spent it with your supportive family. 🙂
I had a simple lunch and dinner with family.
Great thoughts. I think we have a lot in common! My most favorite one is ” never underestimate the power of prayer”. I do believe on it! Thanks for sharing..:)
Prayer comforts me. It renews my faith.
7, 13, 17, and 26 are only a few of what spoke out to me. Just shows that you have a wealth of wisdom to share, Kat! Belated happy birthday!
Thanks, Maan! Thanks for the kind words.
Great thoughts. Makes me want to do something like it for my birthday. But I’m still far off. I wish I could make time for friends too. I miss my friends.
Oh, you can write something even if it is not your birthday. How about ’10 thoughts for October’? 😀
great job cuz… thanks for including my original quote about love hahahaha….!!!
Haha! Thanks. Will use your wonderful photos one of these days.
I love all these thoughts. Thanks for sharing, sis! Very inspiring! And yes, I agree with sis Jhari, your photo with your dog is so adorbs! Love it! So cute!! 🙂
I love this post. Stay positive and be happy. You are looking great and the best is yet to come 🙂
Excellent life lessons. If I don’t forget, I think I’ll do one like this before my 40th birthday… 🙂
Wow, so many PEARLS in life! I agree with them all!
Lovely thoughts.. great list.. Happy belated birthday
very nice post, I enjoy reading it very inspiring
Happy 36th! those are truly wonderful thoughts. I am inspired!
I agree that “Mistakes are proof that you are trying”. Just like what I read, if you fail it doesn’t mean you are failure but it means that you are not yet succeeded.
Great post, Kat!!! Very inspiring thoughts you have there. 🙂
[…] year I made a list of of 36 random thoughts. In the same spirit, I am writing 37 things I learned the past year. These are mostly things I […]