I started the month in another country. The rest of the 28 days I spent them at home and I still had quite a fulfilling month.
Here are 30 reasons why I am grateful for June:
1. My friend, Jill. She slept late the night before because she had a cupcake order the following day. After she delivered the order, she drove us around Brunei the whole day. What a gracious host!
2. Filipinos at the Labuan Duty-Free. We got free chocolates!
3. Safe travel. I arrived in Butuan safely. Tired but safe and happy.
4. Free ride. I was scheduled to go to Tandag city to claim my professional fee for work. My neighbor was also scheduled to go there so my aunt and I hitched ride to Tandag. We had lunch in Lianga and I picked sea cucumber ceviche since I have not tried that before. It was crunchy and tasty.
5. Aunt’s birthday. An aunt celebrated her 79th birthday. That is quite a milestone. I thank God for her life. She is a blessing to our family.
6. Chat with friends. My friends were quite busy watching the tennis match between Sharapova and Halep. I stayed up late to wait for updates who won the match. I now forgot who actually won. Ha!
7. Dine out with family. There was a brownout and we were too lazy to cook in the house. We went out to try a new restaurant but it was closed because there was no generator so we have to settle for Chowking. It was still a filling meal.
8. Opportunity. I had a new task so I worked hard today.
9. Movie with friends. We watched ‘The Fault in Our Stars’. I loved the book so I was ready to cry watching the movie. I didn’t. I watched it with my friends whose side comments would instead elicit laughter from me.
10. Cousin’s birthday. I can’t believe my cousin is now 32. I am the oldest grandchild so, in my eyes, my younger cousins are all teenagers. Ha!
11. Visit to father’s hometown.It has been awhile since I last visited my father’s hometown and I am glad to still see this sign whenever I get off the bus. My grandmother was one generous woman.
12. Independence day! It is the Philippines’ 116th Independence Day.
13. Energy. I was quite hardworking this day.
14. Lost weight. I am still overweight but 5 pounds is 5 pounds. Yahoo!
15. Father’s day. My Papa is in heaven but I thank God for my father’s life on earth. Those were happy moments. I spent this day with my regular ritual whenever I miss him and Mama- I listened to my childhood recordings of our conversations again.
16. Catching up with friends. Our friend, Mau, was in town. She is currently based in Ormoc as an engineer for the UN’s effort to rehabilitate Yolanda-affected areas. We took this opportunity to meet up with her because it may take some time before we get to see her again.
Photo swiped off Mau’s Facebook.
17. Provision. Thank you, God, for the blessings. Someone owed me money and I got paid today.
18. Reminder. I was quite overwhelmed with the things I need to get done and the budget I need to raise for some of the projects I am trying to complete. I quickly realized that I should not worry. God knows what is in my heart.
19. Cup topper. I saw a cute cup topper. I want to get one for myself and so I did. 😀
20. Time to try portrait. My watercolor portrait needs a lot of improvement but I am enjoying the process.
21. Fun doing landscape watercolor art. The watercolor landscape still looked different from the original where I copied it from but I am happy that my friends were appreciative of the result.
22. Power of touch. We visited my mother’s friend who was sick. She was already bedridden and she hardly talks She smiled when she recognized me and she held my hand for a long time.
23. Portrait alternative. Since my own self-portrait was a little off, the dog painting was a lot better. Maybe I should stick to painting animals for awhile.
24. Free food. I got a visit from a friend and she brought food!
25. Home repair. We got a carpenter to repair my house. We need to do something about the termite infestation. Plus, I want a nicer home without the problems.
26. Friend’s clean bill of health. My friend had a health scare which prompted her to undergo surgery. She told me what she went through and I am thankful that the worries have come to pass. She can move on to the next chapter of her life.
27. Bonus! My client was happy with my work that I got a bonus for it.
28. Fun conversation. With my aunts, we always have laugh out loud moments. One of my aunts does not mince words and she neither practice political nor tact. She doe not edit what is on her mind. We find that amusing and scary when we are with other people. But when it is just me and my aunts, it is always fun.
29. Hard work. I pushed a little harder with work since there are bills to pay. It is almost the end of June.
30. Reward. I was a little under the weather. House repair is still underway. My messy house may have cause a little stress to my system. I got something to cheer me up. My collection is complete. I am not really a fan. I did not watch the movie yet. I just want these cup toppers.
I am looking forward to a wonderful July!