I love it when I do not notice the month passing by. This means I kept myself busy. September was my birth month and many of my friends were also born in September.
Here are 30 reasons why September was an awesome month:
1. Had some chill time. It was raining on September 1 so I stayed home all day. I napped. I seldom nap because I am a day person.
2. Send off party for our friend which turned out to be a surprise birthday for me and my friends. Our friend is leaving for Saudi Arabia after a month-long vacation and another friend is celebrating her birthday the next day. My wonderful friends made it a surprise birthday celebration for me and another friend, too. Sweet.
3. It’s the birthday of my friend, Mitzi. It was an afternoon of joyride and foodtrip with her bestfriend and bestfriends’ moms. Yes, she has a lot of bestfriends. She is the friendliest girl in the world.
4. Sometimes the highlight of my day occurs in my head. It is when I achieve clarity on things that have been playing in my mind lately.
5. I got confirmation about a job for the following day.
6. Treat from a friend. My friend, Dinah, treated us to dinner. She promised to have dinner with us in celebration of her new job.
7. My 37th birthday. I had a simple celebration with family.
8. It’s Mama Mary’s birthday. This is also the day I started my no-softdrink-drink-only-water diet. (Today is October 16 and I did not drink a drop of soda since September 8.)
9. The thought of the day was this.
10. Book list. My cousin tagged me in a Facebook post so I made a list, too.
11. Lunch with my cousin, Ghia. We have been exchanging comments on Facebook for years now and we live in the same city but we seldom see each other. Because this day was the birthday of another cousin in heaven, who was a big brother to us, we met for lunch.
12. I had time for art. It has been awhile. I wish I can do art everyday but I need to earn a living. One day, I hope watercolor art would be one of my sources of income. For now, I just need to practice.
13. Charity work by my cousin and his friends. I tagged along with my cousin and his friends as they gave snacks to street children and prisoners. I never thought my cousin had a compassionate heart. Mabait din pala. 😉
14. Appreciation of my art. My friend asked for my artwork and I am flattered.
15. Did my errands. I like it when I am able to settle bills before the deadline.
16. Got a visit from this cutie pie.
17. Uncle’s birthday.
18. More fridge magnets! When I posted thus photo of my fridge magnet collection, friends abroad pledged to give me one from their place when they come home. Yay!
19. Another friend celebrated his birthday. It is another opportunity to meet with friends.
20. Party with my travel friends. Four of us have birthdays in September. To make the get-together a little more fun, we agreed wear a dress. Two of my friends did not follow instructions. 😀
We changed clothes in the evening. 😀
21. I got news from a client about a raise in my professional fee. I quoted a smaller amount but I was paid 60% more.
22. I have been planning a trip with a friend. We have agreed on a date and when to book the trip.
23. My cousin introduced me to SoundCloud and I recorded my singing voice! It was not meant to be heard by the public. I think I have a better speaking voice so I recorded this.[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/169479826″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”450″ iframe=”true” /]
24. I was in a workshop about women empowerment. It is amazing to be around amazing people.
25. I went back to my exercise routine.
26. Scandal is back. It is one of my favorite TV shows.
27. I did the cooking because my aunt is not feeling well.
28. It is my friends’ 11th wedding anniversary. I was supposed to drop by their house to greet them but I had cook duties and I was finishing a report. Instead, I sent her a recording of me singing Christina Aguilera’s “I turn to you”. It was special and funny at the same time because I never sing in karaoke and I do not have a good singing voice. LOL!
29. I cooked arroz caldo with malunggay upon the suggestion of my aunt.
30. I know I am loved. Look at our guard dog. Always on duty! 😉
I really like reading your 30 reasons … blog post. It’s really good to have something to thank for everyday. Belated Happy birthday and you’ve got a nice collection of fridge magnets there.
It’s really nice post! A lot of good photos and bonding moments, dami palang birthday and all the food looks great!:)
Looking at all the cakes and foods really making me hungry.. You certainly had a memorable month of September.
Busy Septembrrr! I still have a pic from last year na nag oopen ka ng bday gift mo. 🙂
I saw that in your instagram. 😀
That was a busy September. There are a lot of celebrations including a new job. Congrats.
The work was a half-day gig.
Nice post. You just gave me awesome ideas on how to make celebrate a month with happiness. Cheers !
Wow. Your September did have a lot of celebrations! We have something in common. I also started the “no-softdrinks” challenge. Hehehe. All the best for us!
And btw, I totally love that artwork! I would love to get one like that too. 😀 I’m always amazed with those who has talent in painting & drawing. Keep it up!
Thanks. I need to find time to do more.
Sounds like you had a crazy, busy September! So many birthdays! All the food looked amazing and hope you had a fantastic birthday! 🙂
The foods for me are the very best among the 30. Nothing beats the scrumptious blessings you have here. Congratulations, by the way.
From all the smiles in the photos, September seems to have been a great month… loved it that your friends threw a surprise birthday bash for you!
Thank you for a very thoughtful post, the big achievements and the small blessings! Yes indeed, you are surrounded by love.
I really adore your photos. There are really a lot of things to be thankful for.
I read from 1 to 30 sis, and you really are a blessed with friends and birthdays hehehe
I can’t get over your fridge magnet collection! What a fantastic way to remember all the places you’ve been! Glad you hada wonderful September! 😀
My October schedules seem to be in a contest with your September stats. This October has been crazy for me, so we always feel beat. There had also been two big events that I also needed to handle last week.
Happy Birthday Kat! I’m also a September bday girl.
Love this 30 days posting and being thankful for what each day brought you. Congratulations also on the raise of your professional fees. That’s cause to celebrate!!
Thanks, Karen. We have the same name. I am called Karen at home.
Belated Happy Birthday! It’s a joy reading through your list, and can definitely feel that September is your month. I’m a December baby and hope that I’ll have a good month as yours =)
You have a really good month!!
Anyways, I too have a habit to bring home a magnet from travel every time to fill my fridge door. Now my freezer door is full. Occasionally friends or relatives will also bring one home for my fridge door. Humph.. My fridge door has more fans than I do. LOL~
Nice reading your blog!
You had a very eventful September. No wonder it was awesome. Also, do continue practicing your watercolor paintings, they look good. 🙂
What a happy month of food and celebrations.. You had a great month in my opinion and October will be even better.
I love reading your gratitude posts. Photos are beautiful 🙂 There so many things to be thankful for.
Hi Kat! Friends na ta sa FB, hehehe.. January next year we have a schedule meeting in Butuan, I hope we get a chance to meet each other in person. 🙂
Yes, let’s meet!