This post is long overdue. I have been working and traveling so updating this blog took a backseat. Plus, it took time before I got my writing groove back. I had work waiting for me and I still have not truly rested from traveling. Then, there were those moments when I looked back at the photos of our travel and recalled the fun times we had.
Let me get this post going before I get carried away again. Here are the 28 reasons I am thankful for last February.
1. Reassurance. The events unfolding in Thailand made my heart beat faster. A friend of mine said it was okay to go there. (Note: We all know what happened to my trip.)
2. Meeting new friends. My friend organized a feeding session for those kids who were victims of Typhoon Agaton in her area. We distributed snacks and a dentist was asked to teach kids how to properly brush their teeth. Toothbrush and toothpaste were also distributed. I got to meet some of her friends and we had a mini-photoshoot as I am in charge of taking the photos.
3. Free time. I am usually free during Mondays so I use the time to run errands. For this time, I used the day for planning the week ahead.
4. Push to get things done. I have filed my income tax return! Hurray! Deadline is still on April 15 but I filed in advance so I do not have to think about it anymore. Plus I overpaid my taxes so I still have tax credits for next quarter. Hurray!
5. Successful call. My flight got cancelled and I know it was difficult to reach the Cebu Pacific hotline but I was able to get through on the second attempt.
6. My aunt. No thanks to the developing colds but thanks to my aunt who bought me medicine without me asking. I am really not fond of taking medicine because I believe my immune system will work to fight the virus. However, the medicine gave me relief even for a short while.
7. Entertainment. Sheldon kissed Amy! I know this is fiction but I love The Big Bang Theory![youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zva3SRxQCv0]
8. Pasalubong. My cousin came from Cagayan de Oro and brought me J.Co donuts.
9. Safe travel. My aunt was away for almost a week to accompany her friend to get treatment in Cagayan de Oro. We were uncertain when she would be home. We got a surprise when we heard a honk from the car that brought her home. Oh, I got two laptop sleeves from her- in polka dots!.
10. Work opportunities. There would be fewer free times. I would miss a lot of TV shows but there is a meaningful work ahead. I am fine with that.
11. Cebu Pacific Refund. I wrote a lengthy piece about that in the previous post.
12. Time with family. It was my cousin’s birthday the day before. February 12 was also my late father’s birthday while the 13th was my late mother’s. We all went to the newly opened Chowking for lunch. In the afternoon, we went to the mall with my nephew.
13. Sweet ponkan. I was loading up on vitamin C because of the colds and I was lucky to buy sweet ones. I was able to consume 3 in one sitting.
14. Grape plant. I got a surprise gift from a friend with green thumb: grape! Not yet the edible kind but it is ready for planting in two weeks. I hope I won’t kill it. Who needs a valentine when you have thoughtful friends? Haha!
15. Books. My friend was looking for a book to read and it was a reminder for me to start reading my pending books.
16. Bibingka. My friend who was then in Bangkok showed me the cake she was eating that I suddenly craved one. Good thing, a bibingka (rice cake) vendor showed up at our gate.
17. Movie break. I watched ‘Starting over again’ with my aunt. The other aunt already watched it ahead of us and recommended that we watched the movie.
18. Interesting dinner. The dinner guests (and that included me) were treated to a poetry rendition. It was amazing how my friend’s father can just blurt out those classic poems from memory. Fascinating!
19. Work. What needed to be done became clearer. There were still a lot of work to do but there was confidence that we could do it.
20. Lechon. Free lechon was always welcomed. Yum!
21. Clearer schedule. I had another work from another client and a trip coming up so setting up the schedule made the work easier. It made things manageable.
22. Sleep! After three days of workshop, I needed my rest.
23. Wonderful friends. It was the second feeding session that my friend organized. This time, more close friends came.
24. Instant shopping. I was on a out-of-town work and I did not know we are going to spend the night in the place. I did not bring extra clothes. Right after work, I went to the town’s only department store. Good thing the store was still open. I was able to buy clothes.
25. Safe trip. Several roads were damaged because of Agaton. Glad we came home safe.
26. Accommodation. I used to plan ahead when I travel but things got busy. My trip was on March 1 and it was only on the 26th of February that I was able to finalize our accommodation.
27. Workshop done. It was the last day of the workshop I was documenting. I could already focus on preparing for the trip after completing the report.
28. Report done. I did some last minute errands. Report was done until midnight. I packed my things at midnight in preparation for a 9:45 AM flight the next day.
Whew! Thank you, God, for February!
Kat, I admire you for taking the positive side, for being grateful in all your circumstances. And btw, I love your photos! What camera are you using?
Hi, Kristine. Thanks for the reply on the font you used. Btw, I use Canon 100D.
Ahh. No problem Kat. Thanks, I’m making a DSLR an inspiration lately. =)
I took the plunge last year. I once told myself I am not getting a DSLR. However, the mirrorless camera I wanted was more expensive than the DSLR. This model is a compromise for me because it is smaller and lighter than the usual DSLR. Oh, I sound like a canon ad. haha!
Wonderful list of reasons. The feeding sessions touched my heart.
Me, too. I am lucky to have caring friends.
Nice post, nakaka-good vibes! Counting your blessings brings positivity talaga. You’ve got an awesome list! More to come I am sure. 🙂
Having a grateful heart is certainly good habit that is exceedingly admirable! I enjoyed reading your list of blessings, Kat!
Lot of things to be grateful. I’m glad your back. I’m like drooling right now thinking about the Bibingka, its my ultimate favorite merienda…kakamiss talaga.:)
BBT! Hello there fellow fan. Epic kiss it is. Can’t wait for them to resume their series. Tagal ha!
Monthly update to blog is something worth talking about. I have to try this one.
it is nice to look back and be thankful for the blessing we have received even the little ones.. thanks for sharing! 🙂
Indeed there are a lot of things to be thankful for instead of focussing on the negative its good to focus on the positive instead
Grape plant? I want to plant some too. I was trying to plant apples, unfortunately, after it sprouted, it was eaten by ants.
Grape grows better here than apple. Try mo, Daddy Allan.
You really are blessed and have so much to be thankful for, Kat! I really enjoyed reading this gratitude post; what a welcome relief from my stressful morning hehe. When you are grateful, you will have even more reasons to be grateful!
Wow, this reminds me of my project too. I have been so busy for the past weeks that I always forgot about my gratitude project. As usual, this is an inspiring post.
This is a great list! I like the feeding session photos. That’s a great cause!
Everyday is something to be thankful! small or big blessing in life.. I love all the photos you’ve shared and stuff that your thankful for… Bibingka!!! I missed so much..:)
This is a good list, it makes us realize that we are so blessed. I myself was able to post a status on Facebook last February consistently, why each day is special. I hope I can do that to my blog as well. hihihi.
Great list that you have there..it’s great to have so many blessings in your life 🙂
I like this exercise and really miss doing my look back roundups as well. Lots of reasons to be thankful!
Too many blessings to be thankful for everyday. 🙂
I am so happy for you! You indeed have so many things to thank for… and one of this is your outlook in life!…no matter how if bad things happen but you can still look at it positively like the learnings that come with it, then, it becomes a positive experience.
I love your post! Full of positivity! 🙂
Sayang di tayo nagkita nung andito ka 🙁 Sa susunod.
This is a great post! I love people who are so positive and able to see and recognize the good things that happen, despite hurdles and negative times. Here’s to a stellar March, April, May… Haha here’s to a stellar 2014 nalang! 😀
This is really awesome. I want to do the same, to list the monthly blessings. This is a good cure for complainers like me.