I am getting used to writing lists. It is easier to compose my thoughts when I find a common theme with what is happening in my life. Instead of telling a story chronologically, I write lists.
Summer is about to end in a month and I still have not done something remotely close to enjoying the sun. Instead, I indulge in simple activities that I enjoy.
1. Cuddling. This little fellow belongs to my cousin. I looked after him while my cousin was at work. His wife was on a trip so there was no one to look after the little one. Most of the time, he loves sleeping so we take our naps together. He is the type who sleeps so close to a person that I alwaya feel that the bed is too small for us. On several ocassions, I worked on my computer while he slept beside me with his head resting on my lap. I guess we have became friends because he sat still for a photoshoot with me. 😀
2. Cooking food. Eating out can be expensive. Chicken Inasal costs at least P80 per meal. Since there are 4 of us in the house, a trip to the restaurant would set us back at least P320. We got marinated chicken legs from Monterey at a discounted price. I think four pieces of chicken parts (legs and wings) cost less than P150. We’d have grilled chicken over charcoal before and we always burn the skin. This time, I decided to use a broiler.
Why haven’t we thought about this before? Look, perfect chicken skin!
3. Restful sleep. I admit that I sleep later that I used to. I used to sleep at 10PM when I had a regular job. Nowadays, sleeping at 12AM is pretty normal for me. It does not matter how late I sleep as long as I get at least 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep, then I am fine. The best kind of sleep is when I change my sheets.
4. Enjoying the blessings. I got gifts from my cousin’s wife who went on a vacation to Ilocos. We got more than a month’s supply of garlic and onion! The fan is perfect for the brownouts. I’d like to think I already have toned arms after all the fanning I have to do during power interruptions. On the lower right photo is not from Ilocos but from Manila. It is a J.Co donut. When I was in Manila last November, people were lining up for these donuts. It is already April and my cousin said that there are still long lines for these donuts.
5. Getting a shower. It is a must in this heat and all the power interruptions. I take my time at the shower, exfoliating and working up a lather. When it comes to cosmetics, I rarely put anything on my face but I am pretty indulgent when it comes to bathing. I use soaps one after another.
My friends have different ways of pampering themselves. I know a few who get their hair and nails done. Another friend goes on spa dates with her husband. Here’s the deal: I have not tried getting a massage. I feel that I might be ticklish. I saw this feature on a facial massage in Prague and it looks relaxing. It makes sense. Massage is a form of relaxation where tired muscles are given respite. Facial muscles need relaxation, too.
How about you? How do you pamper yourself?
another wonderful list…
i also have simple ways – sleeping, watching movies and eating, yun lang.. haha
Oh, how I love eating but I feel my midsection getting bigger. 🙁
How do I pamper myself? Good question! Typical pampering for me is going to the salon. But I think I also pamper myself by going shopping. Hahaha!
I pamper myself by sleeping and getting a really good outfit. But, I am a changed woman na…no more shopping, investing na lang (hope it lasts, because I am soo dead when i get an urgent need to pamper myself at the mall!)
I take a really long, hot shower and I scrub, treat my hair, clean my nails…it’s like a DIY spa in the bathroom. I don’t spend money and it makes me very happy.
I indulge in sleep and lather myself with liquid soap that emits relaxing aroma 🙂 Happiness!
A loooong sleep is just enough for me, which I haven’t done for the longest time na. I know I need a break na. Your pampering list is nice 🙂
Same here with cooking.
I love the onion and garlic. we had this one at home came from Nueva Ecija.
Haha ako din, I’ve never braved the masahista before! For me, retail therapy. Actually, I really don’t have to buy something eh. I just browse online shops, solve na! Of course, my best pampering technique is playing with my baby boy. 😀
Normally, I pampered myself by gong for a body scrub or a massage or a combination of both. It’s really soothing and relaxing. Otherwise, watching movies really entertains me. 🙂
I don’t know, but it seems I do not know how to pamper myself anymore. Maybe a grocery shopping. Oh, and of course playing with my kids.
I’m an advocate of having a me-time for all moms, to not forget and neglect thyself. 🙂 So for pampering ideas, I have a loooooooong list! 🙂 I read, I watch a dvd, I go for manicure and pedicure, I go for a massage, I have coffee with good friends, and I eat! 🙂
This is such a wonderful list, Eating out can be expensive and preparing your own meal can save you a lot, and it so much fun cooking with your love ones. 🙂
That’s a good list. Ako,eating. haha. .. and blogging. 🙂
one of the things i consider my “me time” is to go online and read, undistracted… 🙂
i also love cooking sis and when im at my best mood, i just picked up my grocery to pick up the things i need for the recipe i want. Restful sleep is also one of the things i do to pamper myself especially if i have lots of online obligations to do.
I love the first part. same here, when i came from work our dog will wait in the gate until i was inside our home then magpapagarga sya.. hehe then all of the stress from work and commuting is all gone. 🙂
The inasal looks so perfect! I must get a broiler too. What the brand of the one you’re using?
Sleeping is also my way of pampering myself. It’s actually a vice hehehe. Sis, if you’re in Metro Manila, maybe you’d like the Ace Water Spa….you’ll enjoy the relaxing water massage, I’m sure. Speaking of which, I think I might schedule a visit one time, now that I also know how to swim na (a bit hehe).
haha, simple pleasures
the chicken looks yummy
Masarap ang broiled chicken at mas matipid talaga kaysa kumain sa labas. Ang kagandahan pa is matatantiya mo ung mga spices na gusto mo isama sa chicken pag minarinate.