My friend posted on Facebook that life is a series of small miracles. We just have to notice them. I try to notice them because I can get caught up in my own busy world and fail to realize the little miracles. I have my own little doses of happiness for the past month or so.
1. The plans for 2016. My aunt has finally booked a ticket home next year so I will be a full-time niece for four months. I am still going to figure out how to plan my work hours so that I can spend time with her.
2. My mini-herb garden. I bought some herbs in July. When my aunt went to Davao, I asked her to buy me some more. When she came home, we had to buy pots for the herbs. Both aunts went to buy pots and one thing led to another. They bought more plants. My pocket garden now looks like this!
3. My loving friends. I was treated to dinner by my friend, Ernelyn. I was finishing work during my birthday that I did not have time to prepare a nice dinner for my friends. Ernelyn came to my house bearing gift and declared that she would treat me to dinner. What a sweet friend! Other friends came to celebrate with me. I feel loved.
4. Victorias Sardines! I found these in Bacolod. I could have hoarded more but I have limited baggage. This was a dorm staple during my university years. My roommates and I would feast on these, paired with salted egg and green tomatoes. This brand is no longer widely distributed. Good thing I remembered to check the grocery when somebody mentioned Victorias, Negros Occidental. I write more about my trip to Bacolod. For the meantime, check out my Instagram (@katrinacenteno) for stories of places I have visited.
5. Secret Garden coloring book. I finally got a copy. Thanks to my cousin who ordered for me!
6. Hello Kitty. Since my aunt is coming home from Canada, I also need to send something to my niece in Canada when my aunt goes back. She is is fond of Hello Kitty and who would I have thought I can order them easily through ZALORA? She would love all these Hello Kitty Merchandise!
These are just a few of life’s simple pleasures for this month and I am looking forward to noticing more of these doses of happiness in the future.