I love it when I do not notice the month passing by. This means I kept myself busy. September was my birth month and many of my friends were also born in September.
Here are 30 reasons why September was an awesome month:
1. Had some chill time. It was raining on September 1 so I stayed home all day. I napped. I seldom nap because I am a day person.
2. Send off party for our friend which turned out to be a surprise birthday for me and my friends. Our friend is leaving for Saudi Arabia after a month-long vacation and another friend is celebrating her birthday the next day. My wonderful friends made it a surprise birthday celebration for me and another friend, too. Sweet.
3. It’s the birthday of my friend, Mitzi. It was an afternoon of joyride and foodtrip with her bestfriend and bestfriends’ moms. Yes, she has a lot of bestfriends. She is the friendliest girl in the world.
4. Sometimes the highlight of my day occurs in my head. It is when I achieve clarity on things that have been playing in my mind lately.
5. I got confirmation about a job for the following day.
8. It’s Mama Mary’s birthday. This is also the day I started my no-softdrink-drink-only-water diet. (Today is October 16 and I did not drink a drop of soda since September 8.)
9. The thought of the day was this.
11. Lunch with my cousin, Ghia. We have been exchanging comments on Facebook for years now and we live in the same city but we seldom see each other. Because this day was the birthday of another cousin in heaven, who was a big brother to us, we met for lunch.
12. I had time for art. It has been awhile. I wish I can do art everyday but I need to earn a living. One day, I hope watercolor art would be one of my sources of income. For now, I just need to practice.
13. Charity work by my cousin and his friends. I tagged along with my cousin and his friends as they gave snacks to street children and prisoners. I never thought my cousin had a compassionate heart. Mabait din pala. 😉
15. Did my errands. I like it when I am able to settle bills before the deadline.
19. Another friend celebrated his birthday. It is another opportunity to meet with friends.
20. Party with my travel friends. Four of us have birthdays in September. To make the get-together a little more fun, we agreed wear a dress. Two of my friends did not follow instructions. 😀
21. I got news from a client about a raise in my professional fee. I quoted a smaller amount but I was paid 60% more.
22. I have been planning a trip with a friend. We have agreed on a date and when to book the trip.
23. My cousin introduced me to SoundCloud and I recorded my singing voice! It was not meant to be heard by the public. I think I have a better speaking voice so I recorded this.[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/169479826″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”450″ iframe=”true” /]
24. I was in a workshop about women empowerment. It is amazing to be around amazing people.
25. I went back to my exercise routine.
26. Scandal is back. It is one of my favorite TV shows.
27. I did the cooking because my aunt is not feeling well.
28. It is my friends’ 11th wedding anniversary. I was supposed to drop by their house to greet them but I had cook duties and I was finishing a report. Instead, I sent her a recording of me singing Christina Aguilera’s “I turn to you”. It was special and funny at the same time because I never sing in karaoke and I do not have a good singing voice. LOL!
30. I know I am loved. Look at our guard dog. Always on duty! 😉