We are already more than halfway of August and I have not posted my July gratitude list. There is a lot on my plate right now and I am thankful for those. There are just opportunities that are hard to pass up and I sacrificed some things (like this blog). As a freelancer, there are lean months and busy months. I take advantage of these things especially if the work is fulfilling and I get a great learning experience. July was one of my lean months but it was as enriching as the past months.
July is a steady month and I am thankful for that because August is quite a challenging one.
1. Friendship. I found time to write about my friend, Ayet. I thank God for friends He sends my way.
2. Trust. When a friend confides to you, trust is given. I hope I was able to ease some of the worries bothering my friend.
3. Laughter. My cousin got into loom bands that she kept tagging me on her work on Facebook.
I was interested in this craft before but when everybody else is into this thing. My crazy friend got into the conversation and posted this.
I really had a good laugh. If you are a child of the 80’s in the Philippines, you know how to play with rubber bands. 😀
4. Life. My mama’s friend succumbed to cancer. It is a sad day but I am grateful for the life she lived and how she was part of my mama’s happy memories.
5. Food experiment. My friend was into overnight oats so I tried to make one, too. My uncle and I loved it.
6. Art. I have time for art and it took me three days to finish all three.
7. Humbled. I saw a watercolor painting by a friend of a friend on Facebook. It was beautiful. I have so much to learn.
8. Remembering my mortality. For some reason, this day reminded me of my own mortality. Life is really short and we have make the most out of it. We also have to take care of ourselves. I am amiss on that part. I have not exercised since May! Hope I find time to workout.
9. Nephew’s birthday. He is now 3. How time flies! And finally, he got a haircut.
10. New art idea. My cousin forwarded me a video of a 3D art. I tried it on a simple object. It needs refinement but I was happy I learned how it was done.
When it is drawn on paper, this is how it looks.
11. Errands. I accompanied my aunt in her errands. Transacting with government agencies can take some time. Good thing, the office had cable TV and magazines to entertain me.
12. Quesadilla. This is one experiment I enjoyed but I think I should have gone easy with the filling. I learned from Maan how to do it better.
13. Positive vibes. I took a selfie after months of not posting a photo of myself. I got a lot of ribbing from cousins who are selfie-addicts. It was fun but taking a selfie is not something I will do often.
16. Yummy cake. It was my aunt’s birthday and Red Ribbon’s celebration cake is cheap and yummy!
17. Sacrifices. Art took a back seat as work was prioritized. Yay for work! It means I have something to pay the bills.
18. Skype. I love how technology brings us closer. We have not chatted with my aunt in awhile.
19. Keeping cool. I overpaid the burgers I ordered. I ordered 4. The girl at the counter heard 6. I did not argue anymore. It is a she said/ she said thing. Pointless. Hahaay.
20. Prayer. I released a prayer into the heavens. Something was bothering me and I may not find the answer soon. I know God has something better for me.
21. Adobe Lightroom. I discovered this new tool and I used it on a selfie which I will not post anymore. It is on my instagram profile picture.
22. Job offer. I got a call about a job! It was just a three-day gig but I was glad to do it.
23. Trip. I got the details of the upcoming work trip. Getting some details will make managing time easier.
25. Purpose driven life. I started reading the book with a friend.
26. Roof overflowed. I am not thankful for that. We just had it repaired and this happened. We had to call the carpenter to come the next day to repair it. Thankful that nothing was damaged inside my house.
27. Blessings! I forgot where I found this poster but this spoke what I felt a that time.
28. Tasks. Finishing tasks give me a feeling of accomplishment.
29. Realization. Live life to the fullest. I lost a schoolmate to sudden unexplained death (in Filipino term, ‘bangungot’). It was heartwarming to read how he was admired by a lot of people. He lived life with zest. We all should.
30. Personal guard. Our barangay has this monument erected. Datu Silongan! Because it was near my house, I felt that I have a personal guard watching over us. hahaha
31. Yellow wall. My aunt had my wall painted and it matched my yellow house shirt. Haha and this is not a selfie since I asked another person to take this photo.
Hope your July was a good one, too!